Saturday, August 29, 2015

My Storybook Favorites


I really enjoyed browsing through past storybooks and have composed a lists of my favorite! 
Enjoy! 




Diary of the Undead really caught my attention because of the title. I think that a title is very important when brainstorming about a story. I know that many of us have heard about The Walking Dead, if not..... this might help you out. 


Diary of the Undead immediately made me think about life in death. Upon reading the introduction I knew that it was an immediate read. The author did a really good job of using imagery. It was so good I could picture the "monster" like being waking up and looking around wondering what had happened. The author was creative in his introduction that he gave the reader a preview of what his following stories were like by taking an excerpt from his writing. The design of the page has a very dark and solemn feel to it which is great because death seems to have that connotation. I want to make sure that my theme and design of my page can make my readers feel what my story is about without reading any of it yet. That is exactly what Diary of the Undead did for me. 



I really like a good murder story and Mermaids- CSI seems to be just that. I grew up watching TV shows such as CSI and Law and Order: SVU and I would watch the show and try to figure out who the murderer or attacker was. Mermaids- CSI is told from the view of a woman who is put under a spell by her husband's and daughter's murderer. She is casted to live forever in her dark reality of loneliness. She was only trying to catch and end with this murder and instead her life was changed. I really liked this story and I think that using my main characters perspective might be something that I want to do just like the author of Mermaids- CSI 



This was my absolute favorite layout of all the three storybooks that I chose! The homepage gives such a creepy feel you already know that the nursery rhymes did go very very wrong. Nursery rhymes are ones we probably all grew up hearing, in fact, my daughter listens to them now. However, this storybook is fascinating in the way that it portrays the stories we are all familiar with in a new and dark way. Although the creepy story line is not one that I would probably go with (but who know, I might) the design is definitely why I chose this storybook. The font, lettering and images tie in so nicely and I want to make sure my layout does the same. 





No comments:

Post a Comment