Saturday, September 12, 2015

Growth Mindset, Week 3



Growth Mindset


One of the most important things that I have reflected on this week is the importance in taking really good notes. During this weekend I was working on my neurobiology quizzes and some of the questions were really challenging. I was trying to pull answers by deductive reasoning but on some math questions I was really stumped. Fortunately, I remembered that I had taken really good notes over the quiz subject and I found examples of out math equations and I was able to relate them to the quiz problems and after my many attempts I finally reached the 100% that I was aiming for. It is my goal this semester to have notes that I can always go back to for information. 



1 comment:

  1. Yes yes yes, Lima: how great! The way I like to think about notes is that they are a time-travel machine... if you write something down, you can then "go back in time" to revisit that moment again because you wrote it down. That's why I blog too - it gives me a record of things because otherwise I would forget. Sometimes I'll Google something, and a blog post I wrote 5 or 10 years ago will come up in the search results, and I will have ZERO memory of having written the post but, hey, it sounds good, and Google remembers even if I forgot! It's like the old me is there to help the new me get things done, ha ha. I hope the time-travel power of notes will help with neurobiology! It seems appropriate to be learning about your own neurobiological learning habits to do well in a neurobiology class too. If you learn some good things about the brain and learning in that class, let me know and I can share it around with our class!

    Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete