Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Reading Diary A :Ancient Egyptian Myths and Stories









  • The water is called Nu and the world was filled of Nu 
  • Khepera was the Sun God at dawn, Ra at high noon, and Tum in the evening
  • There was a system of hierarchy between all of these different Gods and Ra had higher power than Nu 
  • Shu was the wind God
  • Tefnut, sent the rain and was called "The Spitter"
  • Tefnut and Shu were often called "The Twins" as they were two stars in the heavens
  • Seb was the earth God
  • Ra called for the beginning of Creation 
  • He created everything that moves and lives on Earth
  • Ra became the first king of Earth 

Osiris

  • Osiris sat in the throne when Ra grew old and went into the heavens 
  • Osiris then rules over Egypt 
  • Men did not really respect Osiris and acted as savages 
  • Men's desires were very evil and they were sinner 
  • Osiris then took over all of this chaos and he brought peace among the land 
  • Isis was the queen and was very wise
  • Osiris then, under the instruction of his queen showed men how to share crops and how to make them grow
  • praise and worship was also something that Osiris brought unto the land
  • Osiris in a sense, reminds me of Jesus and his actions on Earth 

  • Sneferu, the king was very down and he would try different things to become happy but he could not 
  • his scribe recommended that he go out and enjoy nature accompanied by beautiful women
  • he took twenty virgins with him on this trip and these girls would all sing together and the king was having a good time 
  • the women were rowing together but one suddenly stopped because she had lost her green jewel 
  • the King offered to give her another Jewel but she wanted her own 
  • his scribe then mumbled some magic words and the waters parted and the green jewel was found and then the waters were back together again 
  • the King then was content as all the women started singing and rowing again 

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar way of doing my reading diaries, but yours is just a little different. I take every story and right what I liked about it, but I feel that gets a little overwhelming at times. I like how you only took a few stories and really elaborated on each of them. I actually find it hard to write about every single story because I do not like all the stories I read. Next time I do a reading diary I think I may try this approach.

    ReplyDelete